Sunday, January 08, 2012

mark driscoll and henri nouwen

I seem to be filling my life with a lot of things these days. You could say that I am trying on different shoes until I find the perfect pair for me. In some ways I am trying to find myself...what do I like and prefer...what haven't I done that I would really like to do...what do I do that I really don't like. Sometimes these answers are scary because it means taking a risk that I have not been ok with taking before. Many times I am still unwilling to take the risk, even with something as simple as saying words that could be encouraging to another just because I am fearful it could be rejected or change the relationship in a negative way.

I have found at least 2 pairs of shoes that fit perfectly though. Sermons from mark Driscoll and books by Henri nouwen. The holy spirit uses their words to convict me, to help me see my sin problems in a different light. They are not the only tools that god is using in my life to help shape me but they are my favorite ones right now.

No comments: