Friday, January 27, 2012

grandparents

A weird week for my grandparents this week...my Grandpa Harvey moved into an assisted living complex because his Alzheimer has increased to the point that my Grandma can no longer care for him by herself...and today on the way to the salon my Grandma Peoples had a fall that is leaving her with almost 300 stitches in her scalp due to an 8" gash about 1" deep.

Watching the way their children and grandchildren (my parents, aunts, uncles, siblings, and cousins) have responded reminds me no only how much we need each other but also how people will respond when our needs are made known to them.

I want this to be a lesson that I take and learn from.  I want to build deeper relationships with my family so that we can support each other better.  I want to have friends that can lean on me just as I can lean on them.  I desire community in my life.  And not just for me, but for you, my friends, as well as my children and your children.

Do you want this too?  If so, lets build this together.

No comments: