Wednesday, November 23, 2011

what good would it do

On November 5th, while walking the shoreline of Pugent Sound, it was apparent to me that enough was enough.  The fear of my shame had destroyed too much of my life.  The pain I felt inside could no longer intimidate me.  I decided in those moments there, that I am allowed to be wrong.  I decided on that shoreline the lies I believed no longer had any bearing in my life.  The persona I created could not fly back to Muskegon with me, it had to die.


This is my ebenezer.  The memorial of my shame and failures.
Jesus asked, "What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you?"


I am finding that answer.


I am finding that the real me, the me that God intended, is worth so much more than the perception I created.  

I will fail again, I am sure of it, but today, and because of God's grace to me, I have a new found freedom to fail because of the confidence I am gaining in Him and because of Him.

No comments: