Saturday, November 26, 2011

too focused perhaps

Hebrews 12:2-3 MSG
Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed-that exhilarating finish in and with God-he could put up with anything along the way: cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!
I have a lot of pain.  Kim has a lot of pain.  Our helpless boys have a lot of pain.  We perhaps are too focused on our pains.  I know I have been, look at my last post and you will see the hurt and frustration dripping from it. 
It is still here too, the pain, just because I allow frustration to take over from time to time and become the me that I don't want to be in attempt to protect myself in the future doesn't mean the pain goes away.
Jesus is the example of what I am supposed to be as a husband and this brief description from Hebrews 12 reminds me that he sacrificially took blow after blow.
I know I don't have the answers but the last part gives perspective.  Perspective of who I am.  Perspective that should bring remembrance of the grace and mercy bestowed to me, that should be flowing to others as well, especially my beloved.
Disallowing perspective that brings humility is allowing a place for pride and selfishness to grow...and I have given the enemy a stronghold there.  God please break apart that stronghold with the mighty flood of Jesus blood.
I don't think one can be too focused, but I believe it is easy to be focused on the wrong thing.

No comments: