Sunday, November 27, 2011

Finding the me you always saw

Kim, tonight when I told you thank you I meant it.  This troublesome spot we are in is not what I want at all.  I want you here by my side, today and forevermore.  In this time though, as I have been trying to find a way to save our marriage, I have begun to find myself.  That is where my gratitude lies.  This pain filled journey broke the facade I had created and as a result I don't have to be the same man I really wasn't.  I get to find that man you always saw and hoped would come out now and nobody will look down on me for searching.
I am finding that I have so much to learn, so much to heal from, so much to experience, so much to offer...and I believe this is just the tip of the iceberg!
But Kim, I am lonely without you.  You are my life companion, my soul mate.  We have been through so much already.  I believe that just as our Creator has always had these things I am finding in store for me (and I was blinded too) that he has similar things and plans in store for you.  I hope and pray that we get to experience these things, these plans he has for us, together.
Until that day comes, I will press on in this journey, hoping that when you see me again that I will be found one step closer to the me you always saw.

No comments: