Thursday, January 01, 2015

For the new year

Since my second life began, the post marriage life, I have chosen to skip resolutions in favor of a yearly theme.  I take inventory of my life and target an area of growth I will work on for the entire year.  There isn't a specific end goal declaring I have made it but there will be maturation; progress is good. 

2012 was the year of forgiveness. The divorce was happening, friends were leaving, life was chaos. I needed to learn to let go of the perceived wrongs people had done against me.  I needed to remember that two wrongs do not make a right.

2013 was the year of healing.  It is difficult to pinpoint exactly how raw I was emotionally but the truth is that when I slowed my life down I could see much more ick on the inside than what I could have ever imagined. Characteristics like pride, codependent attachments, gluttony, laziness only scratch the surface on what was inside of me. 

2014 was the year of family. Blood is thicker than water according to the saying. A deeper desire to be with my siblings, parents, cousins, aunts, and uncles began to grow and so we made plans to be together. For those that bought into the idea of what could be instead of living with what always was, we enjoyed much fellowship. I am hoping this continues to build in my life. 

With 2015 starting today, I have a new focus. 2015 will be the year of doing.  I am going to begin to say goodbye to justifications and rather embrace the goals I have set for myself.  These goals go beyond sales goals, weightloss goals, or running a 5k under 30:00 as they live within the realm of life purpose goals.  I feel there are things I am supposed to be doing in my life and it is simply time to put those things in motion. 

Ready or not, 2015 is here and it is time to do. 

No comments: