Monday, January 26, 2015

Come and get your love

I think I listened to redbones "come and get your love" about 37 times today.  I shared it with a friend. Talked about it over sushi. I posted about it on Facebook. 

From the first note, this song moves me. It is like there is a spell that is being cast over me.  

And I want to dance (horribly, the dancing, not the desire, well sort of the desire).

Here is the truth. Deep inside me, I am calling out "come and get your love" to her. I mean, there isn't a her that I am actually calling this out to, but rather that my heart is ready for her to take up residence. 

And do you know what else is there deep inside?  Dancing. I have forever been afraid of looking crappy on the dance floor and having people laugh at me.  I want to be footloose, to be free.  I've started to dabble in the floor, and it's a blast. 

Just an hour ago I started to realize this connection as on the way home from a movie I swung by the State Park.  The moon shimmered off Lake Michigan as I pulled up. The black backdrop of the night sky setup the brilliance of each star. The air was heavy and brisk as I stepped out of the car. 

Like so many times before, I praised God for this scene that only West Michigan provides.

As that spiritual moment began, the song began to play for the 38th time. I danced as best I could.  

The depth of my heart joined the beauty of nature. In that moment I think God was smiling at all he created. 














No comments: