Monday, December 01, 2014

Corporate worship

I love corporate worship. There is just something about being with others who want to see Jesus work in their lives. 

It is something I could get lost in. 

Part of the reason for this is because I meet God in a fresh way, in a way I cannot do by myself.  I am being ushered into the presence of God by another person. 

I have an active involvement in this still.  If I don't quiet my heart, if I don't invite God in as he knocks on the door of my heart, I will miss him. So many times I have missed him. 

I have begun a habit of inviting God in though, slowing myself while in the car to church, listening to a worship song on the way, and most importantly verbalizing an invitation while the music starts. 

Sometimes this invitation is as simple as "God be here with us, move in us, move in me. Don't let us leave the same."  Other times it is a pouring out of all the thoughts and worries in my mind with the prayer "let me see you, let me hear your voice, let me know your close" added to the end.

The words I say really don't matter all that much, but God does show up.  

Yesterday my prayer was a longer prayer with "let me hear your voice" at the end . God was faithful to answer with a few lines from Hosanna that pierced the dark cloud that was blocking my clarity. 

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks yours 
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I walk from earth into eternity

The bolded words knocked me on my butt. Literally. I sat down and pondered those words. I need those words to be true in my life.  Those words are words to help center the craziness of my life.  

It is amazing that I can be in a crowd of people, worshiping together with them, but yet have God come so close to me. It is part of the reason I love corporate worship. 

No comments: