Thursday, November 20, 2014

That old message is still there

There is a message that I just can't shake from my head.  The past few months have been so full of successes, movement, and growth that it is absurd this message still lingers in my mind. 

It is the message that I am not good enough. Dress it up however you want, but the message is still the same. 

Your house isn't clean enough. 
You don't work enough. 
You need to return voicemails faster. 
You can't lead anybody. 
You are a lousy soccer coach. 
You are single. 
You can't meet deadlines
You don't follow through enough. 
You don't pay close enough attention to the small things. 
You are too fat. 
You aren't fashionable.
You don't love well. 
You are selfish.  
You don't do enough for your boys. 

I have been so firm and filled with confidence for a while, I don't know where this snuck up from. But I am in a funk right now. Today. Tonight. 

I'm hoping this is just a lack of sleep and that tomorrow I can start with a fresh outlook. 

No comments: