Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Please don't date daddy

Ryan overheard me making plans with a friend to watch Fury next weekend. I said I'm open unless I have a date. 

He made a comment on the way home about it and during snuggle time, it all came out. 

I am broken by his fear. 

"Daddy, please don't get married really fast like momma."

After a lot of conversation about why I want to date and have a wife, and what God created us for (Noah was here too, so I left out the sex part) the rest of the story came out and the wound of both the boys was exposed. 

They are afraid that our safe place, our team, is going to be broken up and they will be left all alone without somebody to love them. 

I am broken by this. After assuring them I will not leave them and the woman I find will also want to love them and care for them I tucked them into bed. I couldn't hold it in anymore and I just cried for a few minutes. 

I once read that people will see God similarly to the way they see their father.  I hope it is true. I hope these boys will know that just as I am on their side, and they experience me not leaving them alone in this life, that they will know God in the same way. 

God please strengthen them through this.

No comments: