Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Parts of me

There is a part of me that is has deep sadness. 

There is a part of me that is hopeful. 

There is a part of me that is lonely. 

There is a part of me that wants to be alone and able to do it all with out needing anybody. 

There is a part of me that wants to be lives without fear of rejection. 

There is a part of me that fears I will never be good enough. 

There is a part of me that is filled with angst. 

Today, I find myself in between where I was and where I am going. I am not in that same place, but I have yet to reach the final destination of my journey.

It is in the journey though that I have begun to be able to hear the parts of me...and admit that they are there...admit that I have flaws and needs. 

The beauty from my journey is that as I learn to admit my flaws and needs I can ask forgiveness and for assistance.  I can grow.  The most beautiful part of it though is that I can rest knowing I am loved by God. 

And so today, as I look at the parts of me, I am asking to be brought closer to him because my needs are great...to great for any person or role to fill. 

God please come near. 

No comments: