Wednesday, July 10, 2013

When my heart gets heavy

When my heart gets heavy I head to Lake Michigan after dark.  With no sunshine to attract people it is a place of solitude, a place where I hear God.  Well, a place I hear God after I am done yelling and freely letting out my emotions. 

Tonight was no different, my heavy heart, heavy from what a friend has experienced and my own transference of the story, need relief. I needed to meet with God in that place. 

Questions of how and why and when flowed out as soon as I reached the shoreline. 

But there was no answer. Even the normal view of the lake was not there because I left my headlights on and the water looked cloudy. 

I ran out of time and said "God just teach me" and turned around back towards my car. 

My eyes normally would have adjusted by this point but my headlights had ruined all that.  Ruined it to the point that I could not see 5 feet in front of me, only the shining headlights ahead of me. 

"Step by step" is what was spoken to my soul. "You can look up and see the end goal, but you have to go step by step."

Once again, I entered into solitude with a heavy heart, and left encountering the Living God. 


No comments: