Friday, April 26, 2013

The beauty ahead

It was work to climb the backside of this dune I am sitting on. I am fatigued. My legs are slightly throbbing. I am a bit winded.

I looked back a few times. As I ascended the hill the beauty if Muskegon Lake sparkled in the sun. Another stop towards the top and I saw the house I am blessed with.

But when I reached the top of the due , there it was, the beauty of all the Great Lakes, Lake Michigan.

In that moment God spoke to my heart telling me although there is beauty behind me when I look back, there is a greater beauty ahead. Just like the work of climbing the dune was exhausting, the weary work of moving through life these past two years will bring me towards that beauty.

And my heart is rejoicing as I sit here with the refreshing breeze and the sun warming my face.

Alleluia

No comments: