Thursday, June 14, 2012

My kind of town?

I am in Chicago attending a 2-day training seminar on hydronic controls. I am really excited about some of the things I am learning and look forward to taking them back to West Michigan.

I am here with my GR counterpart, Tom Leyder and have been enjoying getting to know him more as we travel.

I also was able to get to Wrigley for the tigers v cubs with some friends from my fantasy baseball league. We hung around Wrigleyville for a while and caught up. Pretty awesome to catch a night game at Wrigley.

I have always said I have loved Chicago. I really do enjoy all the options a big city brings for entertainment and the ability to get away from normal life, but I realized this trip, it is not Chicago that I love specifically. It is the time spent with people I care about and that care about me that make trips here special.

But it is not even trips here, I am slowly becoming aware. It is relationships, sharing life and thoughts and feelings and dreams and hurts and stresses...real relationships with others that I really love.

I wish I would have learned these things as a child, I wish I would not have had to pay the price of failed friendships and a failed marriage...

I am a new creation. I am being sanctified. With the lessons I learning, the sins of my past will have no place in my future. There are chains being broken...chains that have bound me for so long. The truth that is Jesus atoning sacrifice is setting me free piece by piece.

Looking forward to the day when death dies and all things are made new.

No comments: