Saturday, June 02, 2012

#756

I don't know who this man is, but I learned something from him this morning. His registration number for the run 4 wings 5k was 756.

It may not actually be that I learned something from him, but rather through him.

He was standing at the about the 2.8 mile mark cheering everybody on as they pressed on towards the finish line. He wasn't the only one along the way, but he was the first one.

This man, #756, brought Hebrews 12:1 to life for me. It was the instant I saw him that the Holy Spirit opened my heart to this.

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, (Hebrews 12:1 NASB)

I finished the race well today...the app I use tells me I hit 9.92mph. It took me 33:32 to finish the 5k, but I finished without stopping, which was my goal.

I hope the same will be said when this race that has been set before me is finished.

1 comment:

Shaundra said...

Acts 20:24
"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me —the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace."

Keep it up, Rob. You are an example of God's love and grace more than you know!