Monday, July 09, 2012

Heart

I have been thinking a lot about my heart lately. Not physical health wise like my cholesterol or anything and not just feelings and emotions, but my heart that encompasses all I do and think and am.

Is my heart alive or is it dead? What are the signs of a living heart? Have I given my Creator all my heart? What does a person who has given all their heart to God look like? Do I know any of these people and if so how many? What was so special about King David that he was called a man after Gods own heart. Do I do these things? Can the same be said about me?

None of these questions are easy questions and some of these answers are not what I would hope.

This is where I believe that looking at Jesus' life here on earth is important and necessary. If I want to know what God desires from me as a human looking at his life as a human is probably the best way to get answers.

So, I am starting at this point, by asking what were the most important things in Jesus life. Here is my simplified list:

1 - to spend time alone with God to realign his thoughts and purpose with Gods
2 - to use the gifts he had been given by God through the Holy Spirit to do Gods work here on earth so that God's name gets would be praised.

Now the work that Jesus did was very specific, and his gifts were his gifts. Scripture tells me my work is specific as well and that I have certain gifts. I just always do what I should.

The other thing of note is that Jesus is often filled with compassion, mercy, grace, kindness. I make mention of this because I believe it is because of his time realigning himself and his vision to Gods.

These thoughts are raw and incomplete at this moment as far as my specific life application, but perhaps that is because this should be a constant question on my heart...

No comments: