Thursday, September 13, 2012

my God is moving

i feel like i have to write something...here it is

..... __________________________________________________________________________



in the last month, i have seen this twice.  the first time was in a book called Guard your Heart, the second was a sermon a couple weeks back at Calvary.  the dots represent significant events in our lives.  birth, graduation, marriage, birth of children, and death.  the line is eternity.

"what does it mean?" you ask.

for me, it is a simple yet profound reminder of several things

1 - that God sees so much
2 - that I often focus on the dot in front of me

"why is this important?"

for me, it is important because when i only look at the dot i start to ask, where is God in this.  i so often want to see God working on the dot that I want him to be working on.

Here is the beauty of this reminder.  It tells me, just like the promises in scripture, that God is always working...and because he sees so much more than I do, he has the absolute best in mind.

THE ABSOLUTE BEST

Yes there is sin, yes it can be ugly and create brokenness...but even there, and perhaps even more, in that brokenness, God is waiting for us...

As we journey into our deepest most vulnerable places, regardless the situations, God will heal us, restore us.

We have to be willing to go there though.  Eden is there.

No comments: