Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What God said in Gobles

Last weekend I got away from Muskegon. I didn't travel too far, but it was not here.

The intention was to face my life as it is today and to hear from God about what the future holds.

Even then, I had to ease myself into it, it wasn't until Saturday night where I really started to remove the bandages from my wounds and begin to let God heal me.

And as I waited and cried, God spoke to me.

The wounds God spoke to were wounds I have not sincerely acknowledged since a young teenage boy. Felt a couple times but never dealt with. Wounds that shaped a whole bunch of me.

When God spoke to me in Gobles he told me several things:

1- I will give to you so you can give to others.
2- that my prayers for chains to be broken and strongholds to be torn down have been heard and that he is not done working.
3- that my role as a father will shape who these boys are despite my past failures and that my boys will become men.
4- that there is a wholeness and a fullness that only comes through the valley.
5- that God defines a man as, "one who loves me and listens to me."
6- that I am a man and that my heavenly father thinks, "I have what it takes".

Looking back, God was not speaking to me about what events surround my life but he was just loving me and telling me who I really am.

Those things are exactly what I needed to hear.

No comments: