Sunday, December 30, 2012

Identity

I think I did well with my 2012 resolution. Most certainly better than any other resolution of my past. I resolved to learn to forgive. It turns out forgiveness is a continual process that at its core is derived from love. Forgiving is painful and freeing at the same time. Forgiving is letting somebody close enough to you and risking that they will hurt you again. Forgiving is complicated.

I have many to forgive still and many layers of forgiveness that need to be applied to others. Progress was made. Lots of it.

As I will share with friends in 24 hours, I will declare my intentions to spend 2013 finding my identity. I will embrace my being the beloved. I will break free from the chains of codependency. I will no longer listen to the lies of self rejection.

This is no small task, it will take a journey to places deep inside me, places that need to be redeemed by Jesus, but it will be worth it all.

I am so looking forward to 2013!

No comments: