Sunday, December 18, 2011

I am afraid

How many times have I failed you lord?  How many times have I failed to give you control out of fear that I will be hurt again.  I try to protect myself instead of remaining vulnerable, instead of risking what may happen.
You tell me that you have plans for me, works for me to do, and an abundant joyful life to live.  You tell me that I am made in your image, fearfully and wonderfully made.
But yet I fear losing what I desire the most.  I have an idea on what Jarius must have felt like when he was told his child was dead and that he should leave Jesus alone.
Mark 5:36 is awesome though because it says, ignoring what they said, Jesus says do not be afraid, just believe.
This man was just told one of the most horrific things he could be told, your child is dead, and Jesus ignores it.  With good reason though...he knew the power available to take what is dead and bring it to life again.
Jesus words reach out to me as well...despite whatever looks to be apparent please help me to see you father and to not not be afraid and rather to just believe.

No comments: