Monday, October 31, 2011

eyes that see

I have been listening to "When Fish Fly" audio book recently.  I first listened to this book early in June was taken back by some of the lessons I was able to glean at that time.

I let the book sit for a long time, but with my trip to Seattle drawing near (I leave after work on Tuesday) I was getting excited about seeing these fish actually fly during my visit, so excited that I had to listen to this book again.

These recent times though, the book has been kicking me in the butt.  My life is different today, and the words of this book, words like vision, being, intentions, are speaking to me.

What I have been learning through this book and other things is this:

The vision we have creates our beliefs, the beliefs we have create who we are, who we are dictates our actions in all circumstances.

This is hard for me to fully grasp at this moment, but I feel like I am beginning to.

Maybe I am all wet with this, but this is the reason why it is so important for us to find our identity in Christ and to set our minds on things in Heaven, not on earthly things.

When we remember what God has done for us, and what God has given us, it changes who we are.  When we are a changed person because of this, it changes our actions.

More thoughts on this to come...

No comments: