Sunday, August 09, 2015

In the works

On the way home tonight I was reminded about a Kutless song I heard a few years back called "Even If".

The night I had first heard this song was Sept 8, 2012 actually. I was down near Paw Paw for the weekend trying to get out of town and the events of that weekend. I went to grab a pizza and through the static I could barely make out this song. 

"Even if the healing never comes, and life falls apart and dreams are still undone.  You are God, you are good, forever faithful one."

I instantly balled at that point because back in Muskegon, the dreams I had for my family were being put to death. The boys mother was being married again and there was no chance of reconciliation or restoration. 

This song came to mind tonight because 4 summers from when the boys mother left, God has brought me somebody who has changed my life forevermore, Tanya. 

This song came to mind tonight because I am in love with Tanya and God wanted me to remember that he has had a plan for me all along, even despite the brokenness I had to experience. 

That brokenness by the way, it was needed. I needed to know God more deeply and in losing what I once held dear I had an opportunity.

In His faithfulness, he has also brought a piece of me alive. I want to help men be men, and to meet them where they are at in their lives. 

There is so very much more that God has brought together in my life, and he is far from over.  There is Tanya, but there is also a men's retreat that we putting together at Calvary. It is going to be epic. 

Yup, there is so much in the works, and it is proof that God is faithful. 

There is so very much...I am beyond blessed today and excited about what God is dreaming for me



No comments: