Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tim McGraw

This trip to Vegas has been enjoyable so far. I have experienced a few firsts, including my favorite part...a few hours at a spa. An 80 minute massage (did you know you were supposed to get naked for those?), saunas, jacuzzi tubs...in the craziness of a city that doesn't sleep (and doesn't want you to either) it was extremely relaxing

I miss home though...soccer, the boys, church, routine, even work...really, even work, and friends.

Tony Marshall is graduating today, the Corbin's at Converge, the Wagenmakers, Thornton's, DeBones and many others at J-Road for the start of Love Mission...and there was even a special speaker at Olivet Church I thought about seeing which would have brought a completely different group of people, much older friends that go back to me at 15 (the math on that is 17 years)

Missing home and friends doesn't mean all my thoughts are on that though...

I will try to sum it up with this...Tim McGraw's song "My Best Friend" was playing on the radio this morning while getting ready...I heard this song often because of Phil Morse and his country fetish and I grew to like it a lot. It really is a good, no great song. Started to sing along a little bit before I had to turn my head from the guys with me because the emptiness hit me. This moment reminded me that not all is as it was. I was reminded that she really is gone from my life in "that" capacity (as her absence here also reminds me...as I was leaving to Detroit she was coming home from Chicago). While this tearing of the flesh still hurts in some ways and will for a while (didn't Shrek say something about being like an onion and having layers)
I have become more certain than ever that healing is happening. I know this because during this same song hope came over me. Hope for this friendship...hope for a future

Without knowing this brokenness so much would not be...and I am more thankful for that everyday

No comments: